Nicholas Perricone, MD, whose eponymous skin care line has been an editor favorite since its launch in 1997, is one of the country's most noted dermatologist for his balanced approach to skincare. A best selling author, Dr. Perricone's philosophy is that the fight against disease and the signs of aging begins at the grocery store. Here, he answers our 21 questions.
1. Every morning when I get dressed I think… is all of the anti aging really working?! (Yes!)
2. The vitamins/supplements I think everyone should take… fish oil capsules and branch chain amino acids washed down with a delicious homemade juice; my go-to recipe is as follows: kale, beets, carrots, cucumber, apple, ginger and celery.
3. No day goes by without… learning something new.
4. My favorite healthy snack is… I love smoked salmon and blueberries; I also suggest snacking on almonds and a half of an apple.
5. My guilty pleasure is… Neuhaus chocolate, I could be their spokesperson!
6. On a typical Saturday night… I hope to be at a comedy club, who doesn’t love to laugh?
7. When it comes to stress… I get stricter on the diet, amp up the yoga routine, but I always suggest keeping exercise to a moderate 45 minutes.
8. My beauty must-haves are… salmon, salad and topical products, they make all the difference.
9. The best foods for great skin… SALMON, watercress and avocado, are you starting to see a pattern yet?
10. The biggest mistake people make when it comes to their skincare routine… overtreatment.
11. If my days had one extra hour… I would read anything I wanted.
12. When it comes to exercise I… try to be as efficient as possible; I combine weight training with yoga and three mile runs every other day.
13. When I think of gluten I… get bloated!
14. The trick to blemish-free skin… DIET, DIET, DIET!
15. The best advice I ever got… my father always told me to "believe in yourself."
16. When I'm looking to boost my mood… I go for a run and I use my Neuropeptide aromatic formula, which increases pheromones, just above my lip.
17. The most underrated food is… watercress, the benefits are unbelievable.
18. When I want to pamper myself… I get a massage, or an electric stim facial at my flagship store on Madison Avenue.
19. When I travel, I always make sure to… take my supplements and drink lots of water.
20. The key to being a successful entrepreneur is to… keep your eye on the goal.
21. If I could have dinner with anyone in the world… it would be the great inventor, Nikola Tesla.