Facial cleansing brushes have been gaining popularity over the past few years thanks to their transformative skincare benefits. We are huge advocates of the devices and can’t imagine life without one (although life before did exist). The beauty power tool can be a big investment, however, and we totally understand if you have reservations. We’re not against the old-school method of skin cleansing, which is how we washed our faces before we had the luxury of the facial brush. But the bottom line is that splurging on this skincare game changer is totally worth it — and here’s why.
- You’ll get a thorough cleaning. Great skin starts with clean skin, period. Once it is properly refreshed with a brush’s gentle and effective vibrations, it can repair itself much more easily.
- Exfoliation equals less visible pores. Thanks to the deep cleaning and exfoliating bristles on facial brushes, pores will get the proper care they require. While you can’t physically change the size of your pores, if they’re squeaky clean, they won’t be as noticeable.
- Say goodbye to breakouts and blemishes. There is a misconception about electronic brushes being too harsh. While some people may not be able to use them as often, they are designed to be comfortable and used daily on most skin types — technology has come a long way. When used with the right cleanser, skin’s overall heath and condition will improve, leading to clearer skin.
- Skin tone and texture will improve. A healthy skin barrier will inevitably look more radiant and fine lines and wrinkles won’t be as pronounced. Skin will also be able to take in moisture for a lit-from-within glow.
- Serums and creams will sink into skin more easily. Think of face washing as a means to prime the skin for overnight treatments. This way, products can penetrate better to deliver optimal results.
A new favorite device on the market is the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush ($89.50). It complements the brand’s renowned 3-Step Skin Care System with its unique brush design. The angled tip, which features shorter bristles than the rest of the brush for a deeper cleaning, makes it easy to use on areas prone to clogging like the area around the nose and T-zone.
Sponsored by Clinique